FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

anxiety & hyperventilation

Rikka
Community Member

does anyone have constant hyperventilation, where you need to force yourself to breathe or else you'll feel like it'll stop\

yep.

also have a good day 🙂 you can do this!

52 Replies 52

Rikka
Community Member

Its been a while since I've been on here. Been working heaps on my breathing and the overall anxiety, battling new symptoms and winning 😉

I just have trouble sleeping all the time now, and that shallow breathing thing is still there just working on it.

Im so hesitant about medication for some reason 😜

smcg10
Community Member

I want to thank you all for this thread. It has helped me immensely. I have been constantly thinking of my breathing and am so aware of the sighing and yawning I do just to reach that peak breath.

My issue is the constant thinking of getting peak breath and it is a vicious cycle.

Rikka - if you see this, how are you feeling after these last few months?

Rikka1
Community Member
Wow, it's been quite a few months! I came back to this thread just to see how much it really affected me. To let you know now, I am completely okay! The hyperventilation symptom has gone, and I manage my anxiety very well. All of the advice everyone gave on this thread is definitely spot on. It all just takes time and patience. 🙂