FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety Help

LeedsUnited21
Community Member

Feel anxious all the time jump at everything so scared. any way to overcome or help or natural thing to take or something..

i  get neck pain back pain cant relax headaches tired jumpy and feel on edge all the time its so hard to be normal these days.

3 Replies 3

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi LeedsUnited21, have you checked out the Anxiety section of our website? http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/anxiety . There's info there about how you can relax, as well as treatments you can look into.

If this is something you're experiencing all the time as opposed to a short-term reaction to something that's happening in your life, like an upcoming event, then you should see your GP about it.  That's what I had to do, anxiety was making my stomach feel like it was filled up like a balloon and it was affecting my ability to work and concentrate.

Also, have you told anyone else in your life that you're feeling like this? Friends, family? Just getting these feelings off your chest and some support around you can bring things down a notch.

My best coping method is to be in a quiet room where I can lay down, relax, listen to music, and concentrate on my breathing, but different things work for different people. There are loads of people on here who experience anxiety, so I hope they'll be able to share their tips for coping as well.

best
CB

________________________________________________________________________________
Online Community Manager

yes i have talked to people and stuff been to doctor as i have it each day and feel so bad. went to physotherapy but didnt really help to dont know what else to do

It sounds like your doctor, therapist and people in your life perhaps haven't realised how much this is affecting you.  This is one of those times where you have to stick it out and keep seeking that help until someone listens to you fully.  It may not happen first time out, but you have to keep trying.

Try giving our support line a ring if you would like to talk to someone on the phone: 1300 22 4636

Have a look at some of the causes of anxiety on this page: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/anxiety/what-causes-anxiety 

Do any of those things sound familiar?  

best
CB