FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety about doing the wrong thing

Louise24
Community Member

Hi all,

I am new to this blog but have been reading through it and have an immediate sense of relief knowing that others who suffer from severe anxiety like myself have been getting the right help and have/are finding ways to cope.

I seem to have panic attacks when I think I have done the wrong thing and I can't relax until I know that what I did isn't an issue or that it won't hurt anyone or hurt me.

sometimes there is no way of knowing or finding out if I have done the right or wrong thing and so I overthink it for days on end until something else comes up that makes me anxious and so I forget about my other worries.

I have been unable to work due to this and have started taking medication and getting professional help, but does anyone else suffer from this?

Does anyone have any advice on how to manage this?

much appreciated, thanks!

33 Replies 33

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

I feel like this all the time. We need to remember we are all human and sometimes do make mistakes, Not on purpose or to hurt anyone.

CMF

startingnew
Community Member
here for you guys if you need to chat xox

gloria10
Community Member

Hi Louise24

I can relate to this well. I've noticed I stress quite a bit about doing things wrong. It can be at work, when I stay at my parents place and even certain things at home.

It's great you are seeking help, as professionals can point you in the right direction.

Sometimes I find postive distractions are helpful for example for me I enjoy gaming as it takes my mind off my worries. Have you got interests in things like reading, movies or things like that? Even if I push myself to go out for a while to the shops I feel a bit clearer afterwards.

I hope things start to improve for you 🙂

Gloria10

gloria10
Community Member

Hi MarkJT,

Thanks for mentioning those apps. I agree that mindfullness is great. I will check them out as well.

Gloria10