FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lonely & Lost

B_Maff
Community Member
Hey guys! I have never been on here but thought I'd share what's on my mind. I'm 19 and have been feeling quite down lately. I have been working a lot and have been going home afterwards and not really had anyone to talk to or spend time with. Everyday just seems to be work and then sleep. I get 1 maybe 2 days off a week but find myself spending time alone not knowing what to do as I don't really have anyone to do anything with. I love being social and going out but struggle to find the right people. Just thought maybe this could be a cool place to discuss. Thank you to whoever takes time to read this ❤️ Hope all of you are doing okay
8 Replies 8

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi B Maff!

A big warm welcome to the forums and I am so glad that you posted.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been feeling down lately, it can be really challenging when we feel like our routine is just work and then sleep (I've definitely been there myself too!).

What kinds of things do you like doing? I know that it can be tricky to find the right people and I can completely understand that with COVID everything to do with clubs and groups slowed down.

I am really glad that you posted here on the forums though! You are definitely not alone!

I look forward to hearing from you!

B_Maff
Community Member
Hey thank you for replying so quickly! I am a very energetic person and I love to get to know new people and do new things. I just don't know what to do from my current position. Just feels like everyday is the same. But I really want live music to make a return :D.

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey B Maff, I'm sorry you're feeling lost and lonely and dealing with a lot, aswell as working lots.

I'm here for you, and welcome to the forums. I'm young like you - 21.

Hey! Thank you so much. These forums are pretty cool allowing people to connect with others. How are you doing?

You're welcome, and yes they are cool. I hope you find it helpful and supportive.

I'm ok, how are you?

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello B Maff, it's not easy talking to people who you can't see, or perhaps that's what does make it easier, talking to people of all ages and who have had different experiences, but as you're young, working and then going home, you start to begin thinking 'what if', 'why don't I' or 'how can I' and with these questions circling your mind, you aren't able to do anything, so the next day arrives and off to work yo go, disappointed.

You mention 'live music', just curious if you play an instrument yourself and if so, what is it, and if I can mention that feeling unwell can make it socially difficult to find the people you want to associate with, not that the situation is against what you want to do, but unable to, only because your mood won't allow you to enjoy what used to before, hey if this is the case, it's not your fault, but would love to hear back from you.

You could contact Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 who have trained counsellors and help people up to the age of 25 years, and if possible can I suggest you visit your doctor, if they feel you need someone to talk to, then ask them about the mental health plan, this entitles you to 10 Medicare paid sessions per year, although due to this virus you maybe entitled to more sessions, the doctor will advise you on this.

Hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.

Hi B Maff!

That's awesome that you are so energetic! I miss live music too! What are some of your favourite bands?

I noticed that your avatar is Totoro! Do you like Studio Ghibli?

Look forward to hearing from you!

cabbagebus
Community Member

Hi B Maff,

I know how you feel. There were long periods of time when it felt like my life was a repetitive cycle of going to school and sleeping. The only time everything was quiet was when I listened to music on the bus ride home (so not really quiet anyway) and that was when I felt the most sad and empty.

I guess, maybe you have to keep trying to talk to people and never give up. The more people you talk to the more likely you are to find someone you connect with (online or IRL). Then again, some people say you shouldn't try too hard. I guess the worst thing would be to put pressure on yourself and get stressed out.

Hope you feel better soon.
CB 🙂