FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Getting into trouble at school and ways to cope

Yutong_G
Community Member

Hi, my name is Yutong and I am currently in my first year of high school. There are many fun things about attending school, but there are also upsetting situation like getting into trouble for almost no reason at all. Just this morning my Year Level Leader called me out of class for a meeting. She said that I was going to give a one-day-suspension. The reason traces back to last week. On the balcony, some moron pushed me and I dropped my books. They fell down the balcony and hit a yard-duty-teacher in the head. That was classified as disrespect towards staff. My parents and my Homegroup teacher were contacted so basically everyone knows about it now. Because of that, I cried all afternoon.

Luckily, I have ways to cope with situations like this. You can try some of them too!

1. Be honest. In most cases teachers can tell if you are lying or not. If somebody has evidence of you committing something, that is not a good time to lie. Being honest actually decreases your chance of getting into trouble.

2. Learn to apologise. In most situations teachers will appreciate your apology as long as the incident isn't that serious. Display your apology towards teachers, even if you are not sorry.

3. Communicate. If you come across to a scenario where you get wrongly accused, make sure you talk to someone about the reality of the situation. However, make sure you talk camly because talking in a panicking way makes you seem more suspicious.

4. Stay calm. It is humiliating to cry in front of a teacher, but sometimes it can't be helped. I understand that crying is natural, and so is panicking, but they are not the best solutions because they can only make you feel worse that you already are. 

5. Behave in school. After you get into trouble at school try and focus in class because that reduces your risk of being into trouble again. Your teacher will continue to see you as a good student.

I hope these following solutions listed up here works for you. Remember, nobody is perfect, and they have all got into some sort of trouble before at some point. Even if you keep getting into trouble and/or is at rist of expulsion, start behaving in class. Don't worry if teachers hate you - every cloud has a silver lining, and if you try hard enough, there is a chance you could attract your teacher. And thank you for reading, have a nice day!

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Yutong_G~

Welcome here to the Forum, we really value your input.

Unfortunatly it does happen we sometimes get blamed for the silliness of others and realy have no way of setting matters straight.

I was really impressed with your strategies for dealing with unpleasant matters at school, I guess they go further than that and apply to life in general.

I hope the path at school smooths out and you enjoy yourself

Croix