FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Self introduction :)

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well wherever in the country you are. I'm Bob_22 and am hoping to start posting around these forums a little. I enjoy using my experience with depression and anxiety to help and/or reassure others who might be in a similar position.

I'm in my late twenties and am currently taking a break from work, due to my last depressive episode, but hoping to start work or study soon. I used to work for another mental health, not for profit, organisation (as part of the community engagement team) so I have a little bit of experience in the mental health sector.

In my down time I enjoy exercising, going to the local coffee shop, reading (when I can), going for a drive, and playing video games.

I understand how it might feel to have your life impacted by mental health issues but I've been taught there are always treatment options available and that there is value in going through adversity.

With that said, hope to see you around!

Bob

9 Replies 9

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Drar Bob_22.

A very warm and caring welcome to the forums..

Its alway nice to read a positive and inspirational post as you have just posted...Thank you so much..

You sound like a very caring person, wanting to help others with your lived experience....

Wishing you good luck in your new adventure with you job and or studies....

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums...

My kindest thoughts with my care Dear Bob...

Grandy..

That Other Guy
Community Member
Hey mate. Sounds like you have a lot of experience that will help a lot of people, welcome aboard!!

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Bob,

Welcome! Glad to have you here and to hear that you are willing to turn your experiences into something positive.

I look forward to seeing your posts more on the forums.

Best wishes,

jaz xx

Banksy92
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Welcome Bob_22,

it's great to have you hear and look forward to hearing more from you.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bob

welcome to the forums.
Thanks for wanting to help other by sharing your experience .

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Bob,

Welcome! It's so good to have you here.

When you say there are always treatment options available and there is value in going through adversity, it's very inspiring and encouraging.

It's also good to hear that you have developed so many practical ways to overcome your down time. Having a drive - what a great idea, why didn't I think of it before 🙂 Reading must be helpful but can you share how you manage to calm down and concentrate on reading?

Thanks,

Mark

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Bob, your experience and knowledge will be a great benefit to all of us.

Geoff.

Bob_22
Community Member

Thanks Mark,

Thats a great question! To be honest, I was never a big reader. Especially in the midst of my depression where everything took effort.

But during recovery my doctor suggested it may be a good way to measure and strengthen my concentration/memory. So I settled to just try and read 20 pages a day of any book I was interested in. And then went up from there! 🙂

Hope that helps!

Bob

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks again Bob, it definitely helps!

Mark