FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introduction post

threeeighteen
Community Member

Hello, I'm threeeighteen. I've been dealing with depression and anxiety since childhood, currently 28. I'm a long term NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) and my current goal is to end that. My hobbies tend to be on the nerdier side, stuff like: anime/manga, videogames, history and the sort. I'm also a beekeeper and do that with my granddad, I do all the heavy lifting for him. I'm thinking of starting a cert II in kitchen operations to get a foot in the door to an eventual chef apprenticeship, I know it's meant to be a stressful career but I'm running out of things I can possibly do and I feel like my brain has atrophied too much to go down the uni path at this point.

I'm not really sure what to add for an introduction and I feel like I'm rambling. I mostly just want a friendly place to chat and I feel like beyond blue fits that while also being understanding. Nice to meet you all.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Threeeighteen, thanks for posting and welcome to the site.

Perhaps doing a uni course may not be your 'cup of tea' as it does require intense work if you want to become a chef's apprenticeship because what your capabilities you are now doing has so much expansion in many different areas and may require so more exploring.

People who have many talents don't particularly like being told what to do, as it doesn't expand their vocation, just for interest have a look around and let us know any thoughts you may have.

Geoff.

Rishie
Community Member

Hi threeeighteen
Welcome to the site. There are some really friendly people here.

Maybe a tafe course might be a good thing, rather than jumping into an intensive and stressful uni course. I hope you find something that you really want to do.

jtjt_4862
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi threeeighteen,

Welcome to the forums! It's great to have you here with us.

How do you feel about being a beekeeper? Is this something that you'd like to continue doing for your grandfather, and perhaps look at helping your grandfather grow and expand the business (I'm assuming, your grandfather is running his own beekeeper business). There may be some unexplored territory in beekeeping that you may find interest in, such as understanding the nature of bees, how to tell if a honey is ready for harvesting, how to keep bees and yield the highest quality of honey. Just naming a few possibilities.

It may be challenging to find the right path, but don't be afraid to take the first step into things and try them out. Starting from small commitments rather than jumping into a big commitment such as uni (unless, you can afford dropping out of it if you feel the course isn't suitable for you, money and time wise).

Happy to listen to you more.

Jt

Isabella_
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi threeeighteen,

Thank you for coming to the forums to share with us 🙂 I hope you can find a supportive place here when you want to chat or let things off your chest.

I think it's great that you want to pursue a chef apprenticeship, how exciting!

What kind of games are you into?

jtjt_4862 said:

How do you feel about being a beekeeper? Is this something that you'd like to continue doing for your grandfather, and perhaps look at helping your grandfather grow and expand the business (I'm assuming, your grandfather is running his own beekeeper business). There may be some unexplored territory in beekeeping that you may find interest in, such as understanding the nature of bees, how to tell if a honey is ready for harvesting, how to keep bees and yield the highest quality of honey. Just naming a few possibilities.

It's mostly just a way to make extra money, I do enjoy it as a hobby and if I end up staying in the area then I'll keep it going.

Isabella_ said:

What kind of games are you into?

I mostly play GSGs like EU4 or Vic2, but I'm also playing Persona 4 at the moment.