FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't do this anymore

Lyn32
Community Member
I'm in a long term relationship with a cross dresser that became apparent to me after being together for 15yrs.
I'm suppoto accept & agree to this when I myself am denied an intimate relationship for the last 4 yrs. Am I wrong in wanting to escape?
2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Lyn, a warm welcome.

If you have been denied an intimate relationship for the 4 years because of what's been happening, whether or not it's acceptable is not for me to make a comment on, however, if you feel that no attention has been towards you, then he's decided to make a change, then you too are also entitled to as well.

I'm worried about your own health and wonder whether you have spoken to anyone about this.

As your GP about the mental health plan, this entitles to 10 Medicare paid sessions to see a psychologist per year.

This may have increased due to the conditions we're now in so ask your doctor.

Like to hear back from you.

Geoff.

Sophie_M
Hi Lyn32',

Wishing you a warm welcome to the forums. It takes a lot of courage to be so open and honest with your feelings, and we are so glad that you have reached out. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space. We hope you find the peer support, advice and conversation our wonderful online forums community is able to provide helpful.  

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.
You might also be interested in reading information on the following Beyond Blue pages:

We hope that you keep checking back in with our community to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it.