FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Helpless and New

Josasem
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this forum.

Im going through a major change in life. And I can’t seem to shake the feeling of hopelessness.

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Welcome Josaem,

Thanks for reaching out here today. We're so sorry to hear that you've been feeling hopeless. It sounds like you are in a turbulant period of your life and we understand how difficult this can be. Please know that you're not alone in this and there is support available to you.

Can we ask if you are currently accessing any mental health support? If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

Thanks again for reaching out. Hopefully a few of our members will be by to welcome you over the next few days. Please feel free to share more about what is happening for you at the moment here on your thread.

Centaured
Community Member
G'day josamen

Would you like to share more about what is going on.

Change can be really hard to cope with sometimes, it can feel like the world is crumbling around us and we are powerless to stop it and everything can feel out of control.
I hope you can manage to find some hope and positivity in all that's happening around you. I wish you well

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Josasem

welcome to the forum. Sophie has some helpful suggestions for you.

As centaured wrote change can be very challenging.

I realise talking to others here can be hard but if you want to there is support and people willing to listen

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hello, welcome.

If you feel comfortable sharing, no pressure, we're here to help.

Chunty
Community Member
Hi Josasem, Im sorry to learn you are going thru a hard time. Im new too and I,m sure it would help reaching out to others for support. Im also suffering and am alone.So I do understand what,s its like. I feel you did the right thing and a kind word goes a long way. Take care ok? Chunty