FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping with PMDD

RGS
Community Member
Reaching out to find others who suffer from PMDD. I have been hospitalised three times now- once for harm and twice for anxiety attacks. I have only just been diagnosed this year- after the birth of my second son, but now realise it has been going on for years. Previously I have turned to alcohol, which makes everything worse. I am on medication and have had an iud put in, but they have not worked, in fact I feel the PMDD is escalating each month.
I’m looking for help and support and suggestions on how to manage this without having to get a hysterectomy (which I am seriously considering).
3 Replies 3

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I hope you will see this.

Firstly, I am sorry that no one responded to you.

My wife has a thyroid issue which was only identified after birth of second child and like you was probably there a long time.

I was wondering if there are any groups, either local or online. I know there is a private group on Facebook named "PMDD support group - Australia". You would need to have a FB account and request to join.

Another page I found useful is ...

https://womensmentalhealth.org/specialty-clinics/pms-and-pmdd/

I suspect you night already have information similar to this but...

... it helped me to understand what you were talking about.

Listening to you

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello RGS,

I too, am sorry I missed seeing your thread until this evening. I don't know about the condition you mention, but thans to Smallwolf, I have somewhere to go in search of info, & then I will have a better understanding.

Obviously, I don't have the condition or anything like it. I think, if you do find a support group, even if you must go to Facebook, (my opinion, but lots like it), then that would at least help you feel not so alone.

Many can relate to 'harm' & anxiety attacks, so I'm sure you will find some support here.

Warmly,

mmMekitty

Panda_1623
Community Member

I am the same as you and looking to see if there is a local face to face support meeting group but can’t seem to find one 😊