FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can't cope gb

Fairwayx
Community Member
Hi, I'm new here. I have PTSD and severe anxiety and depression and agoraphobia from long time child abuse. This has been an issue on and off over many years. This time the pandemic made it much worse and I feel hopeless. Need people to talk/ connect with please.
5 Replies 5

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome to the forums.

sorry to read what you have had to do through in your childhood and the effect that it has had and is having on you. If you want to talk here I can listen and respond. Alternatively, if you did a google search for

support groups for child abuse

there will hopefully me something in the your area you might be able to connect onto. And then there is also the beyond blue support lines as well.

beyond this, I want to you to know how important you and to those around you. You deserve happiness.

Metal_kitty
Community Member

Hi Fairwayx.

I'm new here too. I suffer with server anxiety, manic depression, mental tension, neck and back pain and currently back to the insomnia.

I feel so lonely most the time. Im so lost and confused.

I love my friends and my family and I know they'd do anything to help and support me. But they just don't understand. I am again the only single person. Trying to restart my life again now I'm separating from my ex husband.

Happy to talk wherever I actually pick up my phone.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Fairwayx and Metal kitty, we appreciate your comments and know that it's not easy knowing where to begin or what's more important to start discussing and sometimes you might begin by talking about an issue that's buried deep in your thoughts, but actually want to start with another problem, to you that's very important.

What matters is to make you feel comfortable when you want to talk about these problems, and the best part is that most of us have been through similar situations and even if we haven't, then we have had our own issues that we have struggled with and only want to help you, as others have done the same to us.

Take your time as each concern may be different from one day to another.

Geoff.

Rishie
Community Member
hi Fairwayx
Welcome to the forums.
I know the lockdown seems to make things worse, it's hard when we can't go out and do the things we enjoy.
I hope you find people here who you can connect with. It's nice to find others who understand how we feel.
take care of yourself.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Fairwayx, just seeing whether or not you're still on the forums.

Geoff.