FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Broken

Rockmom
Community Member

Hi i have recently turned 52. Mom to a ten yr old. Currently getting phone help from a mental health professional and decided to look for extra help online. 

Most of my anxiety is social based and Centrelink is the worst problem i have. Threats and blackmail of suspending payments if i dont jump when they say jump. Despite knowing full well i have physical and mental issues on going. I am old tired and broken and they are black and white and heartless. Just an email or phone call causes anxiety heart palpitations gastro nightmares insomnia stomach pain. I am so tired of having them run my life. I even wish for life threatening illnesses or accidents so they will leave me alone. I have a son i need to care for i can't get sick yet i still I wish i would so they will just leave me alone. They calles me on a sunday on mother's day completing ruining MY day. Weekends used to be my safe happy place because before they couldn't get to me. Now with emails and text they can get to me any time day or night weekends i live in fear and anxiety because of them 

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome,

I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time with Centrelink and that their actions are causing you so much anxiety and distress. It's understandable you feel overwhelmed and exhausted from constantly being under threat and scrutiny.

You have every right to advocate for yourself and to get the support you need, without feeling that you being bullied or threatened. Hang in there, and please don't hesitate to lean on your mental health professional and other support systems right now. Wishing you some moments of peace and respite.

Listening...