FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help with weaning off prescription benzodiazepines

fran_h
Community Member
Im really struggling with weaning off a medication that i have been on for 15 years for abxiety, i was never told how hard it wouls be to wean off this medication, i really want to succeed but i dont know what withdrawl problems are ahead of me, i started weaning 5 days ago under my gp's guidance
1 Reply 1

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

hey fran.

know you are not alone. There is a large population of people in this position. If you check on reddit, facebook and I believe also twitter there are groups sharing advice about Benzo withdrawal. There is a way out.
I'm not sure how to answer specifically because I can't mention specific medications. I don't know if this is okay because it's more a group of medications. I haven't been through it personally because I did not become dependent on these meds - they didn't work for me but there are many people who have tried different techniques and succeeded. It would be excellent to find a top gp or psychiatrist who has dealt with this often. Good luck