FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) Anyone?

Peace_Seeker
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey guys

I was just curious to find out if anyone has had any experience with EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)? If so was it helpful?

Thank you x

4 Replies 4

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Peace Seeker

I was counseled by a psychologist years ago to relax my eyelids and find a stationary object to concentrate on when anxious in public or in traffic. It helped with getting rid of the wide eyed and super alert eyes darting around when the anxiety was starting to spike

Im not sure if this is exactly what you are referring to but it did work

I hope this helps

my kind thoughts

Paul

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Peace Seeker~

While I have not undergo this myself several others have. There are several threads about it in the Forum, here's one that has been suggested before:

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/treatments-health-professionals-and-therapies/emdr

The best way to find things on the forum is to use Google and search for something like:

EMDR beyondblue

Hope this helps

Thanks Paul for mentioning that technique, sounds easy to do, I'll give it a try, always looking for de-stressors.

Croix

Hi blondguy 🙂

thanks for the tip. I'll try it out 🙂

Peace_Seeker
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Croix

Thanks for replying. I'm new and did wonder how to search for a thread on here. Thanks so much for that

🙂

PS