FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

ECT treatment

kitkatsoppy
Community Member

Hi,

I had 12 rounds of ECT two years ago, and my memory from those days onwards has been horrendous.  I was just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with the treatment.

[Mod note: we've pinned this thread to the top of the Treatments section, as we have regular inquiries from members about ECT. Other threads detailing members' experiences with ECT are linked to below:

Tired of being depressed now - looking at ECT?

ECT - my experience

My wife has just had ECT - what is the recovery time?

Updated: impending ECT treatment

51 Replies 51

Hi Roadsend

Thank you for sharing, it sounds like you have made some really positive steps into your recovery  journey , I have heard from other participants that they experience Short term memory loss  following ECT, Have you and you Doctor  considered TMS ( Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)?

I am keen for others that have similar experiences to join this thread.

Take care and good luck  

Coach Craig

TMS has been mentioned but here in Tasmania not many places to get it done and expensive if you don't have insurance. I was hoping some people with positive ECT stories might post, bit of a worry if there are only negative feedbacks for ECT given how it is pushed as a wonder fix,