FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coming off antidepressants

This_is_me_
Community Member
I'm 24, someone who should be happy and full of energy, instead I'm laying in bed feeling sorry for myself crying and sleeping all day! I'm coming off antidepressants and the withdrawals are horrible! Is there anyone in the same boat at the moment coming off theirs?? It would be nice to chat to someone that understands or has been through it! 
5 Replies 5

Zeal
Community Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have weaned off my antidepressants before, and the withdrawal symptoms were a pain for me too. It can cause symptoms like fatigue, moodiness, can make you feel depressed, anxious, and so on. This shouldn't last for more than a week or so. Make sure you wean yourself off the antidepressants, by reducing the dose gradually. Your GP will be able to advise you. I also found my face broke out in pimples after going off my antidepressants, but this calmed down after a while.

I hope you are able to adjust well to being antidepressant-free once these initial withdrawal symptoms have subsided.

Best wishes,

SM

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello, I know that this is a real problem if or when you are coming off AD either to stay off them or to change AD.

Are you about to start a new AD soon or hoping to stay off them.

Personally I know that if for some reason I don't take my AD then my world begins to collapse by crying and knocking on the black door, but as soon as I take them I'm back to what I want feel like. Geoff.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi This is me, we have a number of threads from members who have gone through this. Have a read through these and feel free to reach out:

Tapering off antidepressants

Recently come off antidepressants and struggling

Help! Antidepressant withdrawal and changeover

Long term antidepressants user and now off them - anyone else?

Antidepressant withdrawal

Hi Geoff, I appreciate the feed back, I have been weaning myself off them for sometime now and not wanting to take them again!

Im sick of hiding and taking something to keep me "on the straight and narrow " as such! I want to be me without the "pill". 

This_is_me_
Community Member

Thanks SM, appreciate your comments!

I just wish these feels would subside quickly! I don't like them at all!