FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The struggles with mental health

Elephant86
Community Member

There are times in many peoples journey where they face there many health issues wheather it be mental health or other forms of illness.

My mental health journey started when I was 15 and I had great fear about how do I live and cope with this going forward and what is my life going to look like with this difficult situation I was faced with. I realise that I am not alone with this situation there are many in our community that struggle with different mental health chllengers and every journey is special and unique. We must not fear our illness I have learnt to accept it as as a gift because it makes me very smart but it also makes me ill. You must look at what abilities or gifts your illness gives you and try not to have fear and look at what you have instead of what you don't.

It is important to have a positive mindset and say:

What can I do to push my life forward?

What do I do to look after myself?

Everybody is different and have there own mechanisms that keep them well . I will share some magic tricks that help me cope with my bipolar. I do my meditation every day to help me be centred and a peace with myself. I do my cycling everyday for 40min to stay fit which has a major impact on the control of bipoar. I love reading my books every day which keeps me in a positive state of mind. 

It is important for you to find things that help support you and keep you at peace with your self. It is a different journey for everyone and there are different challengers for everyone. Remember you are never alone on your path you always have the love and support of your family and the wider community to protect and support you. 

The journey sometimes feels impossible but we walk up the mountain together hand in hand not alone but as a community and you know what they say never leave a man behind. We walk to intoa powerful more wonderful future together.

The challengers are great but you can over come your adversity and rise like a pheniox out of the ashers and into a wonderful more powerful future.

Mental health has always been a challenge but it is your perspective on how you face your challenge that makes the difference.

Do you stop fighting or do you stand up to your dragon and be powerful enough to defeat it. You are powerful beyond measure and always take it one step at a time towards greater health. 

You have to beleive in your own strength and your own ability and look for the gifts you are given and never give up. 

0 Replies 0