FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lost

Woodsy23
Community Member
I feeling lost atm , just spent 2 weeks in mental hospital and felt was in a good head space when left .1 week later and I feel worse than before I went in. I’m not feeling safe in myself I don’t want to go out the front door feel scared what will happen or I will do.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M

Hi Woodsy23,

You've come to a good place filled with people who understand. Here users give and receive support to one another based on their own experiences of mental health.

While the peer support offered here is often quick, it's important to remember it is not immediate. If you need immediate support please don't hesitate to contact our support service. They're available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 and via webchat from 1pm to midnight AEDT every day via the link in the top right on everey Beyond Blue page.

Welcome to this good place and please check in and let us know how you're getting on whenever you feel up to it.

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Woodsy23,

I am so sorry you are feeling lost. It sounds like you are in a pretty dark place right now and that things are feeling quite scary. I am glad you have been able to reach out though. Please know that you are not alone in what you are experiencing, there is support available. You do not have to answer, but when you left hospital, was there any follow up organised with your treating team? Is there anyone that you feel able to contact e.g. your GP or a mental health clinician so that they know what is going on and can provide you with more intensive support?

If you feel like things are reaching a crisis point, please do not hesitate to call Lifeline on 13 11 14 - you can call anytime 24/7 and you can remain anonymous if you prefer.

Please know that we are here to listen and support you. You can reach out as and when you wish. Take care.