FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression never ends

Jarred28
Community Member
I'm sitting here again for the I don't even know how many times feeling insanely depressed, my life is going nowhere I never want to leave the house. I tell my family how I feel and they either just ignore me or laugh and tell me to suck it up. I honestly don't know what to do anymore and feel as if suicide is my only option. I'm struggling so hard with life and I feel as if I'm never going to be happy. I'm so messed up its unbelievable.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey Jarred28,

We are so grateful that you decided to reach out here tonight and update the communtiy on how you've been feeling. We're so sorry to hear that you've been struggling with these intense feelings, and we can hear that this must be really overwhelming to cope with. We understand how much strength it can take to reach out to those around you and we are so sorry to hear that you've felt dismissed by your family upon opening up to them about these feelings. We hope that you never feel this way on these forums, which are a safe space for you to express your thoughts and feelings, and our caring community is here to help offer support and advice during this really difficult time.

We are also currently getting in touch with you through email as we are worried about you.

In overwhelming moments like these, please know support is always help available to you, whether it be from the friendly counsellors at our Beyond Blue Support Service (1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467). These services are available to you 24/7, day or night, and you can access them as often as you need whenever things are feeling like too much to cope with. You never have to go through this alone.

And if you feel unsafe or feel you are in immediate danger to yourself, this is an emergency it's really important that you contact 000 straightaway.

We hope that you can find some comfort and support in the kind words that our community can offer, and please feel free to keep us updated on what you're feeling and experiencing whenever you feel up to it.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jarred28

you are strong for having the courage to post.....Sophie_M has provided helpful support above and via direct email which is super helpful when we are having difficulty coping

I understand your pain...and the bad place you are in

The forums are a safe and non judgmental place for you Jarred28......any questions are always welcome

my kind thoughts

Paul