FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New year , new day , changing one thing

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

A new year , a new day is there one thing you want to change.

I don’t do new year resolutions but I think about one small think I can do differently or change. There is no pressure. 

One thing I try to change is to accept a compliment ,instead of deflecting it. 

I thought it would nice for people to share something small they want to change. You can just do it each day. 

so what small thing do you want to change.?

8 Replies 8

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Quirky~

You deserve compliments, and it's a pity you may not always see that and simply be glad to be acknowledged.

I think I'd like to try to walk more, I have too many excuses, I'm by myself, it's raining, it's too hot etc etc. Even if I only do a few more as a result it will do me good.

Croix

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Croix I was given a cheap version of Fitbit and it has helped me walk more of course I am a bit obsessed. 

Laney-BB1234
Community Member

To Quirky,

i'd like to try something new. maybe a new hobby or smth. 

Thanks Lacey. Let me know if you like, how you go.

Hi Quirky and All,

My one thing I would like to change is to be able to approach things in life without fear, so replacing fear with curiosity and hope.

Eagle ray  I want to change fear for confidence and decisiveness. 

That's awesome Quirky! Yes, I would like those things too. I feel like curiosity helps diminish fear and leads to exploration, and through exploration comes knowledge and wisdom, and from that it's possible to become clearer and more confident and decisive. I feel like all these things are parts of the puzzle that fit together.

WhyBee
Community Member

Looking forwards not backwards after a divorce where there was manipulation, lying and deciet. A friend said to me - your ex is a squatter in your mind - they are living there rent free. Would you let someone live rent free who is causing you misery in your home? No so why are you doing this in your mind. Brilliant piece of advice. 

This was just after New Year. So I have taken that to heart and it has made a tremendous change in my perception.

Perception is everything. 

Worth listening to Sahdguru (google - youtube) about perception and how you can create your own hell through only looking through one lens.