FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Just don't care any more!

Rhonda
Community Member

What does one do if they just don't care any more?

6 Replies 6

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear Rhonda,

Why does one have to do anything ?  Sometimes there are some great reasons to care and some great reasons not to care.

One of my best friends moved to Melbourne about 6 years ago but we've always had a good relationship (since 1990).   Found it a bit strange to discover his wife had left him 3 or 4 years ago and he'd been carrying on as if nothing had happened. Bit strange.  Not sure why he would keep this one quiet - the field we're in, music, is pretty small and 2/3rds of entertainment marriages split.  Not exactly rocket science.  So, to sum up, my family still cares for the friend but there are also reasons not to care.  It's a paradox.

If all else fails misdirect yourself !  Find something else to think about.   Dance the tango.  Feed the ducks.  Go and eat 10 donuts. Anything.  You only have time not to care if you have time not to care.  Getting fluid with life is more rewarding.

Adios,David.

PS  It's nearly 2am, I have to go now and wake up Geoff !  He's on at 2am.  Lol.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Rhonda, guess what we care, we care for everybody who is struggling with any sort of depression, and for those who post onto this site.

There are so many people who have been to hell and back for a long time, including myself, and all of us know what this feeling is like.

There are also people still struggling with this illness but have the courage and fortitude to be able to put their hand out and offer their support or suggestions, so we do care for you, and when you are feel ready you can get back to us. L Geoff. x

Antonio_G_85
Community Member
than you look back at what made you care and try, i know how you feel sometimes you feel like "well why should i care, why should i even bother anymore", caring is what makes life worth going on for, you need to tell say " i care because my family is there, because there are people out there who care about me".

dear David Charles, my friend, please pass me the baton, here we go. Geoff.

Scotty2013
Community Member
Hi Rhonda, I care about only those who care!..It's easy to get into that mode, I know i feel it a lot lately. Just have to get up and Care about something right TC :)... David I care that my Pav was burnt the 3rd time in a row!!!

Basjansmom
Community Member

Hi Rhonda, I just wanted to say hi and affirm that I can relate to how you feel. As a usually deeply caring person, I have reached the point where I just don't have the energy to care about much anymore. Having said that, I think the problem is more with not having energy than not wanting to care. So I am working on a few strategies... I am trying to focus on recovering from a very severe episode of depression so that I can hopefully get some energy back again. Your post also reminded me of another very important strategy, and that is to be more selective about who and what I care about. I think I need to look at it as having limited money in the bank, so if I want the best bang for the buck I do have, what would be the best place to spend it. And one thing I refuse to spend the slightest dime on anymore, is caring about what people think. There are plenty for really worthy causes to 'invest' in, and that is what I try to focus on. 

Thank you for your post because it actually prompted me to think more deliberately about what I said above and to practice more of what I preach.

Wishing you and all the others on the forum lots of worthy reasons to care.