FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suggestion to overcome with lots emotional and anger issues

Lightcherry6887
Community Member

Hi I am a newbie in here. I am going through lots of emotional and anger issues. When I spoke to a friend about our problems. When we were discussing things, she has carried on about the past arguments we had and it directly pointed at me for all this. I had tried to talk into her that I haven't looked at that because it is left in the past as I wanted to discuss the current issues. I got so emotional and angry at her because she couldn't focus on the current issues that we have. As the past issues and current issues are not relevant at all. When she got angry at me I get angry back at her because she was being so nasty towards me... how can I control that emotional and anger when she talks so nasty towards me?

12 Replies 12

Hi White Rose,

thank you for your response...

i have been to GP about this countless of times and have had mental Heath plan also had countless of anti depressants... once things got worse it doesn't help at all. I tried to get through this but the hardest part is when she decides to give me a hard time and control me. Like for example.. when I had anti depressants which I have changed many of them, one time I had changed to another anti depressants and I took them regularly for three weeks... that week she decides to give me a hard time because I was so quiet and sleepy... she says to me that the tablets doesn't work because I wasn't talking much and that I am too quiet for her. then I got angry and emotional towards her for speaking to me like that as she said I should take more higher tablets than 20g. I explained to her that anti depressants takes long time to kick in as it flows..

all those she has said had hit me so much that caused me to stop taking anti depressants.

i have been to counselling on many counts but I find it doesn't really help much when I really want to keep talking and talking... as you know counselling only has one hour limit of time.

you know life is getting harder these days when you needed someone to talk to.

Oh My Dear LC

What a pickle you are in at the moment. It seems to me this girl is causing you unnecessary stress and wrecking your peace of mind and well-being. I have met folk like her who simply want to control others. I know it's hard but can you walk away from her? I finally left my husband after 30 years of marriage for very much the same reasons you are struggling with. He was definitely in control and yes he could be lovely at times. How I wish I had left earlier.

Can you try again with your GP and psychologist or psychiatrist, this time keeping away from the GF and her destructive ways? You are right about antidepressants taking a few weeks to kick in and changing the dose with telling your GP can have serious repercussions. I take a higher amount of my AD because that's the way it works. I have also taken smaller amounts of other AD because that's also the way they work. One size does not fit all.

Would you feel comfortable asking your GP to refer you to a psychiatrist? That person can prescribe meds for you which a psychologist cannot, and provide therapy at the same time. If you are worried about cost remember these fees have a rebate from Medicare and you are not limited to ten sessions as you are under a Mental Health Plan. If you need to see a psychiatrist for a while, remember the gap payments you are making add up and when you reach the ceiling amount your rebates will increase enormously.

Whatever you choose to do I hope you will keep writing in here.

Mary

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi LC,

I find this interesting "She doesn't like it that I talked to her in public and got really aggressive towards me for bringing up in the public as it has embarrassed her greatly. She doesn't like people to know who she is/was." So she knows her behaviour is not acceptable is she was embarrassed. Having said this talking in public doesn't mean she has to be embarrassed, it's not about saying things in front of other people or in front of a group of friends it is about changing the environment so there is less chance of anyone becoming aggressive.

cmf