FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Soul destroying

Frustrated2024
Community Member

I've been in the family court for 5 years with no end in sight. I waited 14 months for a trial date only to be told 2 weeks before the Judge was not available. We then got appointed another judge only to be told, he then wasn't available.

We tried mediation however the Narc did not show up. The arrogance of it all.

So 5 years, and 3 lawyers later (he obviously doesn't like what he is being advised) we have another date set for Monday. However now I'm told that his current lawyer is about to drop the case, so he will be undefended.

He'll ask for an extension and he'll get it.

How can the court allow this type of behaviour? There are lives on hold behind all the arrogance.

1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Frustrated2024…

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums,

I’m sorry that this is happening to you, it seems so unfair as you said lives are being put on hold for this to be settled…

I’m not at all familiar with courts, lawyers etc..but do hope that this can be all over and done with quickly….and you can start moving forward…seems unfair that some people seem to know different ways of getting around the court system…

I know, I’m not help…just wanted to let you know that we/I can about you and what you’re going through and hope another beautiful community member will pop in and be able to advise you better then I can..

My kindest thoughts Dear Frustrated2024…

Grandy..