FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Im new, and friendless.

Lycan
Community Member

I've had anxiety and depression for years, the depression from a car accident at 18 months of age. Been tossed from dr to dr from moving around alot as dad was in the army, so we moved every two years. Depression destroyed my first marriage.

Im now 54, and its been a roller coaster ride for me, because every different doctor has a different treatment. Im also on disability for having lupus, fibro, polymyalgia, asthma, depression and anxiety.

My new hubby has advanced prostate cancer, and has been told that once his chemo stops working, [ and it will], he wont have too long left. My hubby is my carer. If he dies, i will be dying along with him, as no one wants me, and i cannot live without him. Even now, we cannot afford to live, and cant even afford to die.

I dont know what you can say to help me. I usually cry myself to sleep every night.

15 Replies 15

Lycan
Community Member
i tried to make a list of things that make me happy vs a list of things that stress me out. I am removing all stressful things from my life. I came to a realization that i want to move to be nearer my children, but my husband and i just dont earn enough to do it. That means going from toowoomba to Perth. there is no chance of saving for it, as he is having chemo atm. There is no way for him to earn money in WA. So its not going to happen. The Dr says i have to accept it and move on. Everything looks bleak, but i am just going to keep on hoping that maybe one day we will win the lotto or it will rain money,{ yes im trying to keep my sense of humor}

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Lycan,

I know the financial side is tough to overcome, I am assuming there is no extra support you can get from the government in these instances?

I wish I knew what to say to help your situation but I don't, I can only keep offering my support to you.

I like the list idea and removing the stressful stuff from your life is a great step.

My best,

Jay

Lycan
Community Member
one of my issues is boredom. i need a hobby. But they all cost money. i have tried a few. I have had a lot of bad luck this week, took a fall and did alot of damage. As i fell, i grabbed everything near me and broke my pc, stereo, and other electrical devices. would of been funny if it were a sitcom. Im ok.

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Lycan,

Oh, I am sorry to read that you had a fall, good to hear you are ok, but not good you broke a few things as well. They are materialistic and replaceable in time as long as you are ok.

Can I point out from a hobby point of view, maybe joining the BB Café, which is another section on these forums where people don't discuss their mental health concerns but have a laugh and enjoy each others company. It may be a way to take your mind of things, meet new people and it is free as all you need is an internet connection.

My best,

Jay

Lycan
Community Member

sorry for the late reply, i have had internet issues, and had to wait to get a new modem. My cats have a instagram account and are making a charity blog to raise money for rspca by selling cards i make. I dont know if im allowed to mention the name on here.

I watch alot of english comedies on tv to make me laugh, the pain is still their but im laughing

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Lycan,

That is ok as you can tell, these forums are here whenever you can get on.

That sounds pretty cool that the cats have Instagram, I have seen many pets with Instagram accounts these days. I am not sure of the rules if you can post the name of the charity but maybe read through the forum rules and double check if there states anything about mentioning other charities.

I am glad to see you have been laughing, has everything else been ok or any better?

My best,

Jay