FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Ducky died overnight

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello all,

I will probably only make this one post and I may not reply on this thread again as it might just make me more upset having to talk about it. But thank you in advance for reading and for any replies you might post. I just need somewhere to put my thoughts down and I'd actually just replied to someone last week about the loss of their pet. I didn't think I'd be making my own post so soon.

My crimson bellied conure, Ducky, died overnight. She was 5 years and 2 months, and I hand reared her from just under 2 months, including feeding her formula every few hours and weaning her off formula onto seeds. Birds will often bond to just a single person and so she was with me. 

Ducky was a really silly bird. She liked rub her beak on everything and climbed stairs like an absolute trooper. She was pretty fearless and super sneaky. She'd crawl and hide under pillows and I'd keep losing her around the house as she'd hide places then quack when I'd walk past. Like a little game of hide and seek.

She loved blueberries and I think I will get a tattoo of her with some blueberries. I think she'd like that.

1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear James,

Im really sorry you lost your beautiful ducky…..It’s really hard on anyone when they loose a beloved pet….

Sounds like you have some beautiful memories of her…getting a tattoo in her honour sounds so living and beautiful….

Its okay if you feel to upset to talk about your loss… dear James…in real life I would be sitting next to you with one arm around you to help give you some comfort….if it’s okay I’m doing that right now in spirit…..we all here sitting quietly next you….with our hearts open for you, if ever you do feel your able to posting anymore….

Kind thoughts with my care James..

Grandy…