FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don’t see my daughter

melbrooker
Community Member

I haven’t seen my oldest daughter for 4 years 

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

I have two adult daughters. I'm close to my eldest (33) and I dont see my youngest (29) through my own choice for self protection.

I hope you can open up if you feel safe on this secure site.

TonyWK

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear melbrooker,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums..

I am so sorry that you haven’t seen your daughter for 4 years…I just want to very gently ask you, if it’s by your decision or your daughters decision….either way it’s very hard as a parent to accept this…

After my late husband kicked my eldest son out of our family home, I went so many years without seeing him, it was so hard…after his dad passed away and my eldest son attended the funeral…..We both started to msg each other maybe every 3-4 months and slowly after a lot of hard work, on both our sides, and quite a few years later we managed to re connect and even though we don’t see much of each other now,  might see him once every few years…I know that he is here for me as I am for him…..

Its up to you Dear melbrooker, if you want to share a bit more…so we are better able to help support you….no pressure at all…only what you want to share..

Thinking of you with kindness and care, Dear melbrooker..

Grandy..