FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anyone got Major Depressive Disorder (Unipolar) with Mixed Features?

fred2018
Community Member

Intrigued to know if anyone has been diagnosed with the above named illness, I think its relatively new

but usually amongst people who have unipolar depression but have bipolar in the family aswell. I would like

to hear some stories of hope as i've had a mixed experience ( to say the least ) the past couple of years.

cheers all

4 Replies 4

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Fred2018~

I'm afraid I can't talk about that particular illness thorough I do know it is mentioned in:

https://resources.beyondblue.org.au/prism/file?token=BL/0885

Apart from that can I suggest you Google:

unipolar beyondblue

And see what hits you get

Good luck

Croix

hannah_f
Community Member
I'm not sure about unipolar depression but my mum is diagnosed with so far bipolar disorder (not definite due to language barrier and range of other symptoms including emotional seizures and childlike manners). I have depression and so how does bipolar disorder in the family affect my depression?

I am not able to speculate on your individual situation but mood disorders like depression are usually genetic some people who have bipolar disorder will pass that gene to other members of their family. Same with Unipolar disorder.

fred2018
Community Member
Ok thanks for that