FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,017 Replies 1,017

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain

Benny325
Community Member

This is such a great idea, that quote really hit a nerve for me. Makes me wonder with such a heavy drinking culture in the ADF, is that a lot of people trying to escape reality?

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.

- Thich Nhat Hanh

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure if this can be attributed to anyone, but for 2 words it's a good one .....

You're Enough! 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

“Social media has given us this idea that we should all have a posse of friends when in reality, if we have one or two really good friends, we are lucky.” – Brené Brown

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about." - Winston Churchill

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Aesop

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

(Background - I had a chat with psychiatrist today and were obviously discussion things. I could accept things that happened but I could also justify what happened. And this justification, can also be seen as agreement. What my psychiatrist said to me was...)

Acceptance doesn't equal agreement.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

“Only when we’re brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”

-- brene brown