FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Movies that you enjoy ...

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi all

As a result of a little posting between myself and Matty, I've decided to create this thread.  It's something that so many of us could contribute to ... and there's no right or wrong answer or suggestion ... there's no-one judging, but hopefully it will be just a little bit of a distraction for all us (even if for a short time).  And if anyone would like to give a little reason for the movie they suggest, then GO FOR IT.

Also, don't hold back at just one ... so post away and post often.

For starters, I have 3 movies that all begin with the letter S that I really enjoy (although one really begins with the letter T):

Sea Of Love (Al Pacino and the big funny guy, who I can't think of right now)

Sleepers (powerful movie - awful awful what happens in the first half, but the 2nd half is revenge, oh sweet revenge)

The Shawkshank Redemption (Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins - love it)

Cheers all

Neil

82 Replies 82

Katy100
Community Member

Harry Potter, except the third movie.

Lord of the Rings, except the first one.  

Moulin Rouge.

Gone With The Wind. 

Not a movie, but I saw one episode of The Tudors, bought all the DVDs, and watched them in the next few days.  Highly recommended ... but don't watch with teenage children ... I don't know if my son or I were most red-faced.  

Another Vote for Lord of the Ringsand the Hobbit,

Les Miserables ( I have a thing for musicals)
Kingdom Hospital (based on Stephen King and quite funny, for all that it is a slightly darker work while not being overly gory or horror)

Some of Stephen Kings books have made awesome movies...My fav of the lot is probably the furthest from a horror story he has done, Stand By Me...great movie loved it and have seen it 100s of times

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Matty

I haven't seen Stand By Me - is it a good movie? What is it about?

Jo

Neil_1
Community Member

Two more to add to my list:

Pulp Fiction  &  Shrek.

Yes, both very different movies, but one's I've enjoyed a number of times.

guest75
Community Member
I love the Tarrantino movies Ive seen (Reservoir Dogs and Django Unchained) but still havent gotten around to watching Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown yet

cobber44
Community Member
i love movies and have a collection of over 300 dvds and no idea how many on my hard drive. i love all adam sandler especially the two grown ups movies for a laugh. coyote ugly and dirty dancing hype me up and make me smile and a time to kill and enemy of the state keep me wondering for days. movies like music depends on frame of mind to which you watch and can take me into a place better than the one im in a the moment                                         

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Neil

I love those two movies as well!!

Also I love to watch Jackie Chan movies,

Jo

guest75
Community Member
Jo : stand by me is set in the 1960s about 4 12 year old boys who go hiking to find the body of another local boy who had gone missing.  Its based on the the King novella "the body" and stars 4 very young actors who would go on the good careers in River Phoenix, Jerry OConnell, Corey Feldman and Will Wheaton also has a youngish Kiefer Sutherland...well worth a watch (and the story is worth reading too)

Neil_1
Community Member

Hey Matty ... I've read that book/story and was a really enjoyable read.  Thanx for this, as I'm definitely going to look that movie up.

Holy smoke Cobber ... with a library like that, it'd movie night every night at your place. 🙂