FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking For Friends :)

Bowie_Fandom_64
Community Member

Hello everyone! I'm Bowie_Fandom_64, and I'm looking for friends! I would love to chat with and get to know knew people, so here's some facts about me!

-I play the ukulele

-I LOVE listening to music

-I have a cat and 5 goldfish

-I love reading, writing and art

-I want to study criminology

-I'm Pansexual

So yeah, i would love to get to know you and make friends! :))

18 Replies 18

Yes, I'm looking at forensic and criminal psychology, or an arts school, I'm not sure yet.

What made you choose to study psychology?

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Well, human behavior really interests me. Human behavior is very complex and there is no word answer or one fits all approach. But I also bring personal experience into it like I have been a past sufferer of anxiety - particularly social phobia, generalized anxiety, which went into depression, with eating disorder behaviors, etc. So based on that, I have made certain lifestyle changes like going vegan, only eating whole food plant-based diet, exercising every day (weightlifting/cardio and abs workout) combined with meditation and yoga practices, I have completely reversed all my mental illnesses.

I am free from it. I have freedom. So, going into psychology especially a doctorate of clinical psychology would really empower me on how to treat a client.

What about you? What interests you in the field of criminology?

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

My name is Neerja

I live in Victoria and I am in high school.

I would love to get to know people and make some friends. 🙂

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Neerja,

Welcome to BeyondBlue online forums.

So quick fun facts from my side:
I am vegan/whole food plant based diet
I exercise (weightlifting/cardio/abs) everyday
I meditate every day
I support climate change and animal cruelty
I am studying Graduate Diploma of Psychology Advanced
I do my own cooking - vegan recipes!
I am also a Blue Voice member and I hope to become community champion volunteer at Beyond Blue
Other than that, I love dancing (especially salsa!), writing, painting, singing etc.
Hope to see you around!

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jasjit,

Nice to meet you!

Sorry, I am a boring person, I don't have any fun facts from my side.

The annoying thing is that there isn't much being done towards climate change and animal cruelty. Its horrible.

Nice to meet you Jasjit! Hope to chat more 🙂

Neerja

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

No problem Neerja! Nice to meet you by the way. I am 100% sure that everyone has something special and unique in them!

I don't think you are boring at all. It is your humble nature that makes you stay grounded. Well done on that.

I mean I follow quite a regimental lifestyle like working out every day, eating only whole plant-based, completely frugal, and do other meditational practices but I don't find it boring! I enjoy it! I look forward to it every day. Others find it boring but I can't help it.

Anyways talk to you soon.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jasjit,

I think following a regimental lifestyle is amazing to have and not boring like others say! It keeps you organised, feel more controlled with your lifestyle and efficient.

I wish that I had a regimental lifestyle, my lifestyle is messed up. I overeat, do schoolwork without breaks, somedays I feel I don't feel like doing anything and never exercise - no motivation for it and the only person to blame is myself. Haha, told you I am boring person with a really messed up lifestyle.

I think you should be 99.9% sure because I have nothing unqiue or special, so I will be part of the 0.1% haha.

Nice to meet you Jasjit!

Hope to chat more 🙂

Your friend,

Neerja

MochaMochi
Community Member

Hello! I'm MochaMochi and I'm looking for a friend too. I:
- Have 1 guinea pig
- Like to cook
- LOVE to read
- Have had goldfish before in my life
- Love listening to music, but can't play any instruments
- Have a weird habit of trying to multitask every day
- Not very sporty, but I try and exercise every day
- Want to become a teacher in the future 🙂

Hope we can be friends 🙂

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi MochaMochi,

Welcome to BeyondBlue online forums. Personally, I find you a very multi-talented and very easy going which is a GREAT thing. I am trying to learn how to become easy going instead of being regimental. Maybe you could offer me some advice and tips?