FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for Friends!!

Janey42
Community Member
Depression can be very lonely! Is there anyone out there who will be my friend?
225 Replies 225

meowyone
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm also looking for a friend... not really into posting on forums and this is my first post on here.

I struggle to make and keep friends... I can be a bit full on and scare people off...or sometimes things get a bit much and I struggle to deal and then I seem flaky because I'm not attentive enough...

If anyone wants to message, I'm 31 female from Vic.... feeling a bit lonely with the whole CV thing as WFH and not seeing anybody all day except my cat as my partner still has to go to the office.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi meoewyone,I to have a cat the only company i have when i dont have my kids here.They are at their mothers this week.Not sure when i will get them here with this cv.Hopefully alls good and i can have them next week.I live in a small country town with just over 200 people which has a post office and a pub that is now closed.My weekly outing is to the post office to check my mail.

Take care,

Mark.

Hi Stressed Guy thanks for your kind words and am glad to have you as a friend.These are really lonely times for all of us.I hope you are coping ok during these tough times and staying safe.I am ordering my groceries online so one less trip into the big town.

Raggity
Community Member

hi Stressedguy, hi Janey42 and everyone else

wow so many friends.

These times are even more hard, as many of you have said. I only get out once a week now, just to get groceries and that's just a stressful, paranoid run around with all the grumpy looking people that live around here. Not much fun and not very social either.

Stressed Guy
Community Member
Hi Meowyone,

I can relate to not having any friends. Don't worry about it, maybe you just haven't met the right people yet. You have me as a friend too.

To Mark, I'm alright atm. My mood kind of shifts during the day from happy to sad back to happy but I'll figure it out. You stay safe too mate.

To Raggity, except for running outside for an hour one afternoon, I haven't left the house at all. Well maybe to check the mail once or twice (I'm an introvert by nature but it's tough staying inside. I miss going to the movies, to the shops, bowling and I used to go to a lot of sporting games as well) Also, I'll be your friend too (I didn't say it in my first message and it's been bugging me since)

I also wanted to say I hope everyone stays safe and for everyone who reads this comment and wants to talk just let me know. I log in quite often to check for new messages.

John

Nimi
Community Member
Hi everyone!!

Yeah, depression is very lonely! I recently lost a group of very close friends, in part due to my poor management of my anxiety and depression but also due to other things... it's really difficult feeling like depression and anxiety interfere with stuff like that. I saw a video on youtube the other day that said it was like being a train and having people come and go from your life, so I suppose that's a healthier way of looking at it. Relationships change sometimes.

But my point! Yes! I would love to make friends! I am already feeling so welcomed and glad I joined this community. I am always happy to talk too, especially with more free time thanks to all this crazy stuff happening!

Wishing everyone well. Please take care and stay safe.
Nimi

It would be nice to have online friends to chat to at times.

Hi Nimi,

Don't worry about losing friends, you'll just make some more in the future. Also I can relate to having anxiety and depression. That's the beauty about this forum, It's almost like a safe space where you can talk about your problems and try to work through them. Also, this social part of the website is really cool too.

Also, I'll be your friend, so will everyone else on here.

John

Hi Mr Anxiety,

I don't know if I'm comfortable being friends on social media.

One other thing too, is how do we become friends on social media without posting all of our personal information on here first?

I'm just a bit hesitant I guess.

I'm certainly up for talking on here and on the other sections of Beyond Blue if want.

John

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would love to be your friend.

I don't have any friends. Life at school and home feels very lonely at times.