FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

HI ALL

Durras
Community Member

Hi to all and to all new members and welcome to BB forum.

I got back from NZ on Saturday and feeling lost, confused and head is running around in circles again with so many things.

Cant explain what it is as they all seem to link together and numb me and trying to go step at a time with it is also hard when it is like this everything feeling linked. It is feeling the uselessness again for my husband and not being financial to help out. I have also found out my daughter is sexually active and she is 15, 16 next month. She told me herself so I am glad she felt comfortable to do so especially as some  of you know the past couple of months I did feel really estranged (is that the word) from her.

Can't wait to have first session with psychologist on 3rd Feb maybe she will help.

Well holiday went well but won't say too much as don't know if I can discuss it here.

Nice new pic Scotch Finger that put a smile on my face.

Sherie how was your time with your sister?

Love and big hugs to you all and missed you all too

Durras

3 Replies 3

Scotchfinger
Community Member
welcome back. good to see someone gets up early on the east coast.

Guest_5218
Community Member

Hey, welcome back Durras.  Sorry you are feeling this way, but its only a week now before your apt with the psych.  So hopefully they will be able to help you to resolve some issues then, and also develop some coping methods to help you through these times.

It is a good thing that your daughter has chosen to tell you about her sexual activity. By telling you it is plain that she respects you and your opinions, and its a sign that she trusts you.  So be happy that she has told you.  I think all you can really do is stress the importance to her of taking precautions against both pregnancy and STD's.  Is there is a special person in her life, and is it someone she's been seeing for some time?

Yes, I also like Scotchfingers new profile photo, its a beauty isnt it?  He always chooses pictures with so much character.

My time at Wollongong with (step)daugher and her family was really good.  The 2 little grandkids are 5 and 3 now, and growing up very quickly.  So it was nice to spend a couple of days with them.

Then our visit with my family down on the Southern Tablelands was a very sad affair, as family are still getting over the loss of my brothers little girl last August.  Mum and Dad are fairly frail these days (83 and 79) but are still living in their own home and are independent.  My sister lives in Canberra and I got to see her a couple of times when she came over to my Mum and Dads to catch up with us there.  So that was nice.  And my brother is still not well, with blood clots forming again for reasons unknown.  He had bad blood clots as a result of the car accident in August, but they had resolved.  He is yet to get clearance from the Neurosurgeon for his broken neck, but he is now able to take the neck brace thing off when he is in a safe environment and not doing anything.  Which is a relief for him.  It will help to strengthen the neck muscles again after being immobile for 5 months.  And he will soon start a physio program.  He has been referred to a psychologist for his ptsd symptoms and fear of driving again, but it remains to be seen if he will actually do that.  As he drives for a living, I hope he does.

Since the visit I've had a few ups and downs (as explained on Shelleys 'Worthless" thread), but overall I'm okay. The job I started at the end of December is going well, and I am enjoying it.  You must start your aged care studies soon I think?

And yes Durras, a big welcome home hug from me to you.  Its great to see you back.

Sherie xx

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, looks like this thread is a double-up.  You can continue this discussion in the more detailed thread Durras has started here:

Tangled up in the web of life

If you're just wanting to say hi to other members, please use the social threads in the Community Board like BB Cafe rather than starting a whole new thread.

Thanks!