FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Favourite Bands/Singers

scorch
Community Member

Hi guys,

I was inspired by Neil's thread about favourite movies.  I want to know - what are some of your favourite bands/musicians?

Do you have an album that you listen to over and over?  Is there a songwriter who you connect with, that seem like they draw their lyrics directly from your soul?  What is your favourite style of music?  Who did you grow up listening to?

Are you a musician yourself?

And importantly, I'm always looking to discover another band or genre so if you have any suggestions of a great song let me know so that I can look it up 🙂

As for me, I don't really like most of the stuff that gets played on the radio.  The lyrics seem meaningless to me, and the songs are mostly produced just to make money - not to connect with an audience or tell a story.  I prefer songs and artists that are sincere and genuine, that confront important and real life topics or are emotionally touching.  that doesn't mean I live for slow ballads... no, I listen to all kinds of music, fast paced - slow and rhythmic, rap, hip hop, jazz, folk, rock, alternative, metal.... I love it so long as it has some depth.

I'm currently hooked on a band called Twenty One Pilots.  I love em!  Also, I recently discovered a genre called Nerdcore which is rapping about nerdy stuff like computer games and everyday events etc... I love rap but I don't love a lot of the language or topics that are usually rapped about, so chilling out to some lighthearted Nerdcore works for me 🙂  

260 Replies 260

16sundayz
Community Member
I really love Robbie Williams and have been to a few of his concerts when he's come to Melbourne. A few of his songs really talk to me if that makes sense.

Que_Sera
Community Member

I watch & listen to The Back Street Boys every day on my LapTop. I love the way they dance, & each members individuality. Music & dance keep me balanced mentally.

Love & Hugs! 🙂

DisplayName5742
Community Member

Hello All,

My favorite band is Imagine Dragons, with Believer and Thunder from the Evolve album being my favorite songs. Don't see myself ever going to a concert though. Grew up listening to a lot of the early 90's bands through to the late 2000's artists.

Don't really consider myself to be a musician, I can play an instrument and read music, can't write it to save myself though.

DisplayName5742

Helen91
Community Member

I am a big Angus & Julia Stone fan, so much I have seen them live 5 times (even in Madrid lol)...so they’d be my #1.

I’ve got a broad music taste but I’m also into Fleetwood Mac, Middle Kids, Radiohead, Sam Fender, Angie McMahon, Ball Park Music, The Beatles, Queen, Joni Mitchell, The Black Keys, Boy and Bear, Bob Dylan, Gang of Youths, Paul Kelly, Haim, Missy Higgins, Sara Bereilles, the Shins, Vance Joy, the Wombats, Meg Mac, Vera Blue, James Taylor... just to name a few lol.

Awesome music taste.

Radiohead and Chili Peppers are amazing. Seen them both live, both are MINDBLOWING!!

I've been getting into a lot of jazz and bossa nova lately. Very uplifting for me.

Hi sparrow,

Interesting what our choices are for music. You listening to uplifting music whereas I will listen to something melancholic.

With that said I am currently revisiting John Farnham of late as the song is

Help

Tim

Hello everyone,

I did not recognise any names of bands or singers till you mentioned Johnny Farnham.

I think I use music for lyrics that have meaning for me, some are upbeat and some are deep and meaningful. All so I like singers and bands from the 1970s as it reminds me of youth.

When I am down I like listening to Edith Piaf.

Quirky

I like the Eagles, Joan Baez, America, Mike , McLelland, Beette Milder, Neil Diamond, et al.

Steves_87
Community Member
I myself am a huge fan of many genres of music. Music is an integral part of my life without I’d be stuffed. I’m particularly a 90’s fan triple j alternative era that holds a special place in my heart. I was introduced to many eclectic tastes at a young age and it grew from kiss and ac dc to smashing pumpkins and pearl jam right through to heavier stuff such as korn. On any given day I could go from listening to hip hop to electronic to indie to folk as I said my tastes are varied. I’ve been to many concerts in my time some of the highlights were seeing faith no more twice and soundgarden twice. I’ve been very privileged to witness a lot of great musicians live. Seeing you’re favourite musos in a live setting is something to behold. To say I’m a music nut is something of an understatement. My actual physical collection is quite massive something in the range of 5000 cds yes I still buy cds and I love vinyl and cassettes as well. Anyway this gives you some insight into my world I guess thanks for reading 🙂

Gizz_36
Community Member
Growing up I like Metallica ,nirvana the offspring korn pearl jam linkin park I like a lot of 80 90 and early 2000 music