FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak

Sophie_M
We recognise that many of us here in the community are feeling scared, worried and overwhelmed about Coronavirus (COVID19). 

As a result, we created this thread to allow people to come together here during those difficult times and encouraged those wanting to share or seek support to do so here in this space. 

It was important with this thread that we maintained perspective and supported each other as best as we could, medical, scientific and public health experts around the world have and still are working hard to contain the virus and treat those affected. 

The Beyond Blue Support Service is available via phone 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via beyondblue.org.au/get-support for online chat. 

There are some other helpful discussions taking place here within our forum community that you may find helpful to read or participate in: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/hi-there-i-only-just-joined-and... 

This thread is now closed for further posting. Users are still able to read through and find support through already existing posts.  
3,208 Replies 3,208

Hi Guest342....no worries at all and thankyou for being a part of Beyond Blue 🙂

Hi Kitty..thankyou for your understanding......Its not really about religion..its about diagnosed mental health issues that havent been attended to or medicated....Ive been involved with counselling & mental health issues (mainly off the forums) for years. This is harder..its family

my kind thoughts

Paul

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone..

To get vaccinated or not has been a big debate for many people...I am fully vaccinated and feel a little saferwhen I go out....My sons in-law family, all got vaccinated except their dad..they all contacted COVID, sadly their dad passed away last week from COVID yet the remaining family members are now COVID free and doing well....

vaccinations in my eyes does help..I mean if the other family members were not vaccinated....would they have survived the COVID or not....hard to answer as COVID effects people differently.....

I shared my story of my son’s in-law family to help those who are considering not to be vaccinated, to maybe reconsider....Life is very precious....and we need to protect our lives, our family lives, friends lives, extended family lives and even the lives of strangers....

Paul....as Kitty said...your sister cannot prevent your mum from getting vaccinated if your mum wants to...If your sister is going out shopping, working etc...she really should reconsider vaccination...to protect herself which in turn will protect you mum....I really hope that your sister does reconsider...

My kindest thoughts to everyone....with my care and hugs..

Grandy..

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, tough times for many reasons, and so sorry for Ur loss Ggrandy. A reminder how precious life can be, in Ur kind and warm way. Sending care, here for u.

Summer coming is felt in Melbourne today, relatively warm and bright. I've never been one to be excited for summer, or for things others find happy and nice. I guess most happy to,es for others are lonely for me.

I have some fear adjusting adjusting things opening in vic on fri. Just confusion and uncertainty.

I don't like shopping much in crowds....as some mentioned, there has been some peace which I did appreciate.

mmypsych asked me yesterday if there's anything I'm looking forward to opening up.....things I've wanted to do. I remember caring EM asked me similar.... I haven't got much

Maybe getting some beauty stuff done, nails, hair, I wouldn't mind to go to a gallery, or a movie. And to see my friends in person, and have a coffee with them in a shop.

Does anyone have any thing they are looking forward to? much love to all, Ur doing amazing

On The Road
Community Member

Hi all

I'm happy to see people here sharing their honest feelings and opinions about things related to COVID, in a respectful way. Although I appreciate different opinions and debates it is still sad to see that people are very divisive on these issues.

I don't have anything looking forward or any strong opinions (positive and negative) toward reopening. It is something that is bound to happen.....

But I think this would be challenging and terrifying for some people who are immunocompromised or have severe chronic diseases.

How's everyone doing? what are your main concerns about reopening?

I texted my dtr &sil as soon as the announcement was made on Sunday allowing us to visit. We haven't seen each ither for months and I have been very worried about my grandkids due to tbeir isolation affecting their speech.. 3 of them have speech problems which have escalated over the last 2 years. I am so looking forward to seeing my grandkids. I would like to be able to go to Bunn ings as I find click and collect difficult but that won't happen for another week or so. I wont be rushing to go out to a cafe or busy shopping centre. Any shopping will be only what I need and done at quiet times and as quickly as possible. I an VERY cincerned about hospitals as the treatment my hsb needs has been put off until covis settles and the stress on hospitals diminished. Many people like him are at huge risk of deterioration due to the situation.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry, Paul, I must've misread something in your post.

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Grandy, for telling us of your family's loss.

Sending you some hugs,

mmMekitty

Added
Community Member

Hi meforcats - how did you go hearing from your clinic - I am wondering if you had to get tested and isolate?

I hope all is ok with you :))

meforcats
Community Member

Hi Added

Thanks for asking. I didn't hear from them so I'm guessing that they are all ok. I'm glad about that.

I'm going to Qld for Christmas and have to get a covid test before going. I hope I don't have to wait for hours like some people. Take care.

Hi Elizabeth CP,

It will be so great to see your daughter & grand kids! That's really exciting. 😺

One big bright spot in all the mess, eh?

For the welfare of the most vulnerable people, your hubby included, I am content with being cautious, & not rushing into anything. I'd like very much to see the hospital system under less pressure, & people getting their needed treatments as soon as possible. Sooner is always better than allowing conditions to worsen before they are attended to.

Virtual hugs to you & yours,

mmMekitty