FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Workplace pressures

Hello_you
Community Member

Hello

just needed somewhere to express. I recently had a workplace altercations with a colleague. I’ve never been spoken to rudely like it before in a workplace and it has really hurt. I just couldn’t hold back my tears and spent the day crying, many people saw me including senior people. I feel so embarrassed and now questioning the whole scenario and just can’t stop thinking about it. I have to go to work tomorrow and just feeling so anxious about going and worried what everyone is thinking. I’m really worried it has affected my chances of gaining ongoing appointment. I just feel so embarrassed and up to standard of everyone else

4 Replies 4

Justin95
Community Member

I’m really sorry this type of thing happened to you. This has happened to me before and I just learnt to let it go and don’t take it personally. You’re colleague should feel bad for herself and people just saw how rude she can be, I’m sure other people won’t like her .Just move on, try it.

i hope this helps

Baljit
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello_you,

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way, and you have had to experience this type of poor behaviour at work.

You, have every right to experience these emotions, and the first thing is that you need to acknowledge is that you have done nothing wrong!!!

It’s so disappointing that this type of behaviour and leadership style still exists, in the work place.

I am hoping that your company has a robust code of conduct policy and that this type of behaviour is addressed as it goes against their core values.

The first approach that you may want to consider is to pursue the informal route where a manager or colleague can facilitate a meeting with the perpetrator and for you to share your feelings with them in regards to theirs action.

If not you may want to pursue the formal route, as per your companies policies, and that you are supported by your senior leadership team.

I hope this helps…

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for being brave enough to share your story.

I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I can see that you are feeling anxious and exhausted and embarrassed.

This was not your fault. You should not have gone through that. What they did is wrong and should be reported.

I am sure that everyone will forget about it tomorrow so please don't let it get to you. I know you can get through this.

Please stay safe and I am here to chat if you need me.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Hello you,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way, please know your work colleagues behaviour is a reflection of them it’s not you.

I know it’s hard but try not to worry about what others think I’m sure they may have just been worried about you and wondered if you are ok… I’m sure they would know what your work colleague is like.

If you are upset about your work colleagues behaviour please talk to your manager about it.