FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

weakness from anxiety?

TylishaC
Community Member
Hi there, I am new here. Lately I have been experiencing 'weakness' in my arms and legs (mostly arms) but I am not actually weak.. I can still move around and do things, and it comes and goes. Also when I am distracted I do not feel weak.. I am pretty certain it is my anxiety (I have severe anxiety) but this is not my typical symptoms. I did have a little arm pain and I think my anxiety just ran with it, making me freak out over it, I keep thinking I am going to have a stroke but I know I'm not, especially because this has been going on since the 9th of April. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this? my arms have just felt weak, tired and useless, even when sitting still, it has now moved up to my shoulders. I can't wait to see my doctor tomorrow my anxiety is so bad right now, I am struggling everyday, I hate feeling like this and always fearful.
1 Reply 1

Rumples
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi TylishaC,

Thank you so much for reaching out, it's very brave of you 🙂

First of all, it's BRILLIANT you're seeing your doctor tomorrow. GP's are always the front line defenders for all of us and I encourage you to stick with this course of action. If things get worse, most certainly think about presenting at your local hospital emergency department.

I'm no doctor and can only tell you what I believe you're experiencing. A friend of mind who's suffered anxiety all her life recently started displaying similar symptoms except hers extended to her face. First her hands then arms would become weak and one side of her face would go numb and she thought she was experiencing a stroke. She even went as far as calling 000 as it scared her so much. It turned out that she was experiencing "panic attacks" brought on by her constant anxiety. Once the Dr's diagnosed her correctly, they prescribed a course of action which has since relieved all the episodes and she's much better now.

Here's some questions that'll help us help you..

Do you have people around you that you can talk to?

Do you have a support network you can turn to?

Have you found anything that you can do that elevates your symptoms?

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Rumples xo