FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Unsure of what to do.

Chloe123
Community Member
Recently I have felt as though I am not in control of anything in my life. I have recently finished uni and I have to make some big decisions, such as finding a new job, where will I live etc and I am feeling alot of pressure from everyone.. I am not sleeping and I continually am feeling anxious and my immune system is down meaning I am also getting sick alot. On top of this I am always tired, and I am starting to become obsessive with an ex who keeps coming in and out of my life who sometimes treats me perfectly and then other times treats me horribly. I don't know what to do and I don't have a regular GP or anyone that I can really talk to about this. I also don't want to go on medication but I just want to stop feeling continually anxious all the time. 
2 Replies 2

Becca24
Community Member

Hi,

I have been through a similar situation in life when I went through uni.  It could be helpful to find a councellor in your area if you aren't comfortable talking with your GP.  They can help work through your worries and get you some practical solutions.

I know you are feeling tired at the moment but exercise also may assist you at the moment.  It can help relieve nervous tension and some anxiety symptoms it will also be something in your life which you are under control of which may lift you up a little.If you are a little under the weather then exercise can seem like the last thing you want to do.  Give it a go though sometimes I feel a bit yuck and then just get started and feel fabulous after a run or work out.  Try and enlist a firend if you have trouble getting motivated.  Some links below which you may find interesting.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/exercises/4-exercises-that-will-help-you-relieve-anxiety-and-stress.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise-and-stress/SR00036

Most of all try not to worry about what everyone else thinks and pleasing other people.  This is your life, you are in charge remember that.

I hope this information was helpful for you.

Chloe123
Community Member

Thankyou heaps, I will give exercise a go. I will do anything at this point to stop feeling like this!