FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Trying to be brave for my child for years now I’ve crashed

Zap_Nell
Community Member

Hi

I’ve tried for so long to keep a healthy mindset

so long it’s turned into survival mode of self care

but now it’s habitués that when I do something like go to coles I have a panic attack

I feel like my body has given up or needs a rest

I go to bed so early because it’s easier than feeling anxious

ive Nursed my child back from a trauma/ injury that left her at 6 with ptsd and anxiety

I’ve been back and forth to children’s hospital and rocked back and forth with the panic attacks all while having my own and not showing it

i was on a tablet for 6 months but I ended up unwell and had to go off it .

so I’m on nothing now

I eat well , do yoga and meditate but I still feel in survival
as a escape I write and publish children’s books

my question is do tablets help this or shall I just keep trying everyday

I’m tired of trying to keep myself safe from panic and anxiety

my doc gave me a SSRI to try but reluctant and If it makes me tired I dont want to feel like a bad mum

I have 3 auto immune diseases and I ache all day aswell with chronic pain

just lost 😞 I try to do different things daily to feel better

any helpful advice please

3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Zap Nell,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way, I understand anxiety and depression can be difficult to deal with I understand.

Im sorry to hear what happened to your child….

I had severe anxiety OCD my doctor put me on a antidepressant to help me to manage my anxiety. I also did therapy… Ive now recovered…

I believe medication and therapy go hand in hand you can also learn some coping strategies.

I highly recommend you see your gp and let them know how you are feeling and how your anxiety and depression are affecting your life..

You could also do a mental health plan together this will enable you to see a psychologist.

Zap_Nell
Community Member

Thank you

I agree

I’ve started meds

ive been keeping the depression at bay with strict routines but that’s not living

should be easier with medication and I won’t be in self care survival mode all day .
I think I knew all along because I have numerous referrals in the office

time to use it

booked councillor for Tuesday

Thankyou

Hi Zap Nell,

Thats great that you are seeing your councillor on Tuesday and you’ve started meds…. Just remember it all takes time ❤️

Hang in there