FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tired

Meg_J
Community Member
Does it get better I’m so flat have no motivation to exercise I am over weight as I eat when I am anxious or depressed I have been on this roller coaster for about 20 years on different medications throughout this ride and I must say that I’m just about done how do I find energy and stop over eating I just want to feel happy and enjoy things 😓
2 Replies 2

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello MegJ

Welcome and thankyou for posting with us!

Short answer to your question....Yes...it does get better....seriously. I understand you as I used to eat when I was having anxious thoughts or suffering from depression

I saw my GP and she/he (I have 2 GP's) provided me with some excellent help on a regular basis when my anxiety was really bringing me down. I had chronic anxiety and had difficulty being in traffic....ugh!

Just out of respect ....I have been on an SSRI every day for 23 years to reduce the severity of my anxiety combined with counseling. The meds are never a fix all..unfortunately

Its only my humble opinion Meg....Nothing for me really worked until I started having weekly/fortnightly counseling.

Just a note if thats okay....The forums are a SAFE and judgemental place for you to post. No one will judge you here

Super regular counseling works wonders. Yes..its a pain..and needs determination and patience but the results are worth it

I hope you can post back to us when its convenient for you 🙂

My kind thoughts

Paul

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Meg J,

I would also like to welcome you to the forums..

Im really sorry your struggling so much with depression and anxiety..

Paul has writtennyou a very helpful post..

Depression and anxiety does cause us to loose our motivation, self discipline and keeps us from being happy,

I have done similar to what you have, I've spent days in bed, eating rubbish, because I didn't have to cook it, I just couldn't be bothered to.. I never excersised, even now I'm finding it hard to get out and do some type of physical activity, .When I can I will go for a short walk..baby steps to start with..

I tried to fix myself of depression for a couple of years and failed at it. Eventually I made an appointment with my gp and told him of how I was feeling, my fears, not wanting to get out of bed, comfort eating, no motivation and constant feeling of sadness etc..She listened and gave me a referral to a psychologist where a mental health care plan was put into action and now I have improved, it's really very hard if not impossible to heal yourself of depression, Please can you try and get some professional help..( only suggesting professional help. it's up to you )..

What I do when I have negative thoughts which prompted my overeating...is to distract my thoughts onto something I like doing. Internet games, tv, puzzles, music, meditation, your mind can only think one thought at a time, so by doing what you like it gives your mind a rest from negative thoughts, and with me it also helped me with my comfort eating, (over eating)..because my hands were busy as well as my mind..

Feel free to check out the forums, when you feel to, This is your thread now, and yours to talk whenever you feel up to it..Please keep in touch and let us know how you are going..

Kind thoughts,

Grandy..