FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The Pattern Continues

geekgirl0000
Community Member

So I'm back on the forums after three years and I'm still going around in circles. My anxiety has gone from waking up with a solid 7 to waking up with a 2 which is great. No medication, just changed my living situation and it got lots better. I've spent the last 9 months or so thinking that it was almost gone and that I would be able to make real change in my life. But it looks like it is heading the same way as before. Anxiety in the workplace is going to cost me my job / I will quit in shame and then go back to staying on the dole for a few months and start the cycle over again. I have no friends as I burnt every single bridge I have because of my reactions to things and now I moved ages away, I don't know anyone here and there is nothing to do. How do I get this cycle to stop ? I tried to start a mental health plan but for some reason they just wanted to keep talking about how my parents abused me when I was little (THEY DIDNT !!). How do I break this cycle ?

2 Replies 2

Hang10
Community Member

Hi greekgirl0000

Welcome back to the B.B. team, first up well done for getting your anxiety down when you were able to. You did a lot of hard work to get that level done.

It hard when you work so hard to better your life and than hit a bump of work stress and friendship lost.

Remember that you once got to the level of anxiety that made your life good and peaceful and you can do it again.

New places and new faces take time to adapt but new opportunities for you will strengthen and helpyou to be stronger emotionally. Take each day as it comes and the plan that you done before to get to that happy level, just try again. Try not to be too hard on yourself if results take time to achieve what you are after.

You will get there.

All the best

Hang10.

Thanks for the advice. However it would be a mistake to say that my life was ever peaceful. I've had this in some shape or form my whole life. This is the best it has ever been and still, I am a short ride away from losing it all again.