FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Relationship anxietu

Charlie_111
Community Member

I've had anxiety for a while now but in the last 6 months I've started a relationship that started off well but in the last 3 months I have grown paranoid and forever panicking about her .is it unusual to not trust anyone at all when in reality they are a very trustworthy person ?? I get these ideas of her cheating or being sneaky or spiteful out of no were ? How do I control this ?is it usual from anxiety I've necer experienced it in a relationship before

4 Replies 4

Struggler
Community Member
Hi Charlie

Welcome to Beyond Blue

When we suffer from anxiety or depression, our judgement is distorted.  We doubt and second guess ourselves.  Have you spoken to you doc or psychologist about this?   I suggest you do this first instead of revealing your concern to her in case you scare her away.    

Struggler

HelenM
Community Member

Hi Charlie

Struggler is absolutely right when she says that depression and anxiety distort our judgement. 

I know from experience just how upsetting you find this. After having my first child I had depression and was convinced my husband was cheating on me. It caused endless rows. When I was better I could see that it had all been in my head.

Take care, Helen

Scotty12
Community Member

Charlie,

I struggle with this all the time with my boyfriend. Often times I question if he really wants to be with me, or is he just being with me because he feels guilty. Does anyone else feel like this in there relationships? He is such a loving caring boyfriend, and is still question in my head if he likes me? How can I stop this?

HelenM
Community Member

Hey Scotty 12

I know I've felt this in my second marriage. More when I was first ill I felt that my husband just couldn't escape because of his responsibilities. Throughout my depression I've come across this quite a few times with people and it seems to be part and parcel of the illness. My brothers fiance felt worthless and didn't know why he stood by him. At her worst she asked him to throw her into the street. Also they had to cancel their wedding, losing loads of money because she felt unworthy - they got married 3 years later.

Could I suggest you start your own thread on this Scotty as then people are more likely to see it and also Charlie can use this if he wants. Please don't think I'm criticising you but it's a good idea so that people can 'meet'you.

Take care

Helen