FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Panic attacks

Guest_8790
Community Member

This subject is not new but to me I am sick of the random moments when I panic. I don't seem to be able to stop or think before acting on actions. For instance I had to pick someone up from a location I was not sure of and they sent me a screenshot of location but still had issues. I then started to get angry and panicky and they kept phoning me while driving and I ended up in tears and anger. Eventually found my GPS was not on and once on, found the person. I was so exhausted and upset it took me 20 mins to calm down and they had to drive instead. Why am I so not able to change? I am heartily sick of myself... I have been seeing psychologist and mental health facility but still not changing. I feel I am fighting a losing battle.

2 Replies 2

Avo
Community Member

Hi, I can relate, but it can get better. Can I suggest some reading, there are some great books to help. Any books by Clare Weekes are fantastic, I have read one of hers about 5 times. There is also a program online called ‘Panic Away’ you can download or actually I think the new version is called ‘DARE’ google it. There is an app to go with it too which is great.

have a look. One step at a time

Guest_8790
Community Member
Thanks very much for your suggestions. I will check it out. You are so right in taking each day as it comes. Hope i can change.

Rusty