FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Newbie with anxiety/panic with no trigger

Lindy77
Community Member
Hi all my name is Lyndall and I’ve suffered anxiety and panic disorder for years. I am medicated for it, but recently I seem to be having attacks with no trigger. I could be perfectly fine then all of a sudden I’m filled with anxiety and panic. I’m always feeling like I’m going to have a heart attack. I’ve had numerous ECG’S and I’ve had a stress test in the past and they have come back with no problems. I’m scared cause this is debilitating. I do have a fantastic Dr but I feel like I just annoy her with all my anxiety issues. I just don’t know where to turn. 
11 Replies 11

Tweak
Community Member

Hi, I'm same. Hate every day.

David35
Community Member

In the 20 years I've had mental illness problems, my experience is that GPs are very highly trained in physical health, but not so well trained in mental health. So don't feel like you're annoying them, because that is their job. I had to change my GP because the one I was seeing had problems listening to my concerns with treatment and I am much happier because of it.