FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for guidance!

FxZIONZ
Community Member

Hey All,

I Just want some guidance. I have noticed minor things about my day which i feel are signs of bigger things.

I think i have repetitive behavioral issues. I bite my nails/around the nails. Not to the point of bleeding or anything just i do it. I feel comfortable when i hold certain things. These things can be anything like pens etc. Which if someone else uses or someone else takes i feel annoyed/upset/uncomfortable. I get an attachment to these items, but not to a intrusive level. Just enough where i feel empty without this item if i am in my scenario without it. Ie work space, or my bed, or my car.

I find i am unable to focus properly, and can very easily drift off and day dream. This can be both whilst working and focused on something as well as just in conversation. i can be still looking at the person and auto saying things like yep. But not even know what was being said. This works the other way to. I can be talking and get halfway and forget completely what i was wanting to say.

I think if i do have any amount of OCD or ADD its unnoticeable because there is nothing obvious about it. its just very minor things.

Since this is a forum, does anyone have experiences similar or what you did to help with any of it?

Thanks In Advance!

1 Reply 1

Katherine22
Community Member

Hi FxZIONZ, what you are describing sounds like it could be anxiety to me.

The holding of certain items sounds like it distracts you and keeps you calm hence feeling stressed when someone else uses it. I do have this thing I subconsciously do when I’m anxious and it’s holding my thumb in my hand and I don’t even realise at the time then I think what am I doing that for

being anxious can also distract you and make you not think clearly or concentrate on conversations.

Being aware of this is great and I guess challenging the behaviour when you notice it could help. Hope some of this helps and I’m sure others will help you out with their experiences xx