FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

jelly legs

shellshell
Community Member
ok bad day Im a community support worker. Client with a lot of problems bad fall broken bones alcohol pain killers I think I had a panic attack the sweat was pouring off me, shaking hands, felt like I was going to pass out not good hit the bottle myself when I got home. will probably feel hung over tomorrow not good.
1 Reply 1

Colin
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Monkeys. You’ve got a tough job as a community support worker. I imagine it entails appreciating what each client is going through and then providing assistance in an attempt to address their issues. This must seem on occasions like being hit wave after wave with other people’s problems. Monkeys, this is how other people’s problems have been referred to. The lesson around these monkeys is – you can handle them but always give them back to their owner – Don’t wear monkeys on your back. They will wear you down, consume your energy and compromise your well being. In your role I’d think you need to be very empathic. Take caution not to cross the line and become sympathetic – monkeys. I wish you well.