FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

High anxiety panic disorder setting off health anxiety

cakeboss
Community Member
Hi i was wondering if anyone else on here experiences the same feelings as me .My anxiety has been up and down and the last week i have found myself waking up with this feeling off no not this again .im on edge and anxiety just wont settle down .im on medications and i have a gp ringing me today and my psychitrist tomorrow .there just my regular appointments .cause of the c virus there done on the phone .i would felt better being face to face but its the way it is .i had headaces no energy last week and nothing felt like would settle me down .i pulled myself together over the weekend .it starts me up as okay what if i have hight blood pressure cause i had all the symptoms of that looked up on net .then what if i have a heart attack and then oh what if its serious .i am going to start walking today i was going swimming which was keeping my anxiety down and the one thing i loved to relax to .does anyone else find themselves like this just cant settle .this c virus staying home has triggered alot of my anixety but its the way it is .i will follow up with drs tomorrow they always settle me down .im on medications to and they work but lately no
1 Reply 1

Betternow
Community Member

Hi there cakeboss

I'm sure you post touched a familiar cord in many readers of the forum. I've always felt the worst part of suffering anxiety is the wax and waning of symptoms. The current lock down is certainly making me feel weird and I also had strange feelings on my morning walk today.

It's great that you enjoy swimming, such a calming rhythmic exercise. I don't normally take medication but I thought I might have to reach for them today. I did a 6 kilometre jog which lifted my spirits.

I hope the GP consult went well for you today and nest wishes with Psychiatrist tomorrow. Good luck cake boss, I wish you all the best.