FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Maxy-Moos
Community Member

I am interested in any other sufferers stories who have been diagnosed with GAD.I have had it for many years but it has got progressively worse as I hit menopause 4 years ago. 

3 Replies 3

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Maxy Moos,

Im sorry you are feeling this way I understand anxiety can be hard to deal with.

I have a lived experience of severe anxiety OCD this was a very debilitating condition to go through, this condition got more severe with each pregnancy I had.

I have since recovered from this condition thanks to the professional help and hard work I put it in to master this condition.

Have you ever seeked please help for your GAD ?

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Maxy-Moos,

Welcome to the forum, I'm so glad you've reached out as you're definitely not alone in your experience.

I was diagnosed with GAD pretty recently, about a year or 2 ago, but have experienced anxiety my whole life. I've been seeing a therapist for a little over a year now and while sometimes progress feels slow or sometimes I feel like I've even gotten worse, I know I'm going down the right path and stories like those of Petal22 give me hope that one day I will overcome this. 

Can I ask if you have been speaking to anyone recently? Or if there have been strategies you used in the past that helped you manage your symptoms that you could start using again now?

Hope you're well,

Beeee

Maxy-Moos
Community Member

Thankyou to Petal22 & Beeee for your replies,I’ve been away so only just checked for any replies.Yes I have been receiving on going support from my very supportive Gp & a psychologist which does give me some ways of coping better however it still is always there & all stems from my thinking.Anyone know of any group meetings anywhere as I would love to catch up with others who suffer alike.Thanks for your support,Maxy moo