FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Be Kind to Yourself

HelloGail
Community Member

I just want to share some words on getting through anxiety and any negative thoughts and the very first is:

BE KIND TO YOUR OWN 'SELF'.

There is only one YOU.

Be its FRIEND.

Be GENTLE to yourself

Take TIME OUT to relax, read, hike or do whatever you enjoy

Do you love your friends, are you kind to them?

So treat your-self as you would treat your friends, colleagues and family.

As individual, we tend to disregard ourselves, we are too busy looking outwards around us in our community or in social media and sometimes it causes us to misjudge ourselves: I don't have what they have.

Replace "I" with "me".

"Me" is a word that centres you, be yourself.

2 Replies 2

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi HelloGail

I wish to thank you so very much. Your words have made an enormous difference to me. They're exactly what I needed.

While not feeling deeply depressed, I have felt completely lost over the past handful of months. One of the reasons I hate that feeling (completely lost) is based on it leading me to feel deeply depressed, if I don't or can't gain some sense of direction. 'What would I say to a friend I love? What would I do for a friend I love? How hard am I prepared to work for a friend I love?' are just a few questions I'd never thought to ask in regard to myself. In regard to others I love, I would say and do whatever it took to make a difference to them. I would work day and night all the way through to the ends of the earth to make a difference for them.

You have led me to understand the potentially depressing challenge I've been facing. While I've been feeling myself slipping more and more into a depression (feeling myself about half way down into that thing that has a rock bottom), you have just raised me to the challenge of loving myself like never before. You've raised my consciousness, my energy and my soul.

I remain deeply grateful to you. You are such a beautiful guiding light. You are brilliant 🌞 ❤️

Thank you. It came through to me and I just felt propelled to post it. Glad it has helped you💚