FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bad anxiety

dee_675
Community Member

Hi everyone,I’m new to this page. I suffer from really bad anxiety and I just can’t seem to control it at the moment.

i feel really hot all the time and very anxious and scared wish this feeling would go away. Feel like I’m loosing it.has anyone else ever felt like this.

3 Replies 3

baet123
Community Member

Hi Dee,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting. It is great that you have come to the forums to express your feelings and it shows extreme bravery and courage and you should be extremely proud of yourself. It is really hard to seek help and let others know and you have taken a big step forward!

I along with many other users can relate to your struggle with anxiety and the feeling that you cannot control it. This is extremely common for people suffering from severe anxiety but the good news is it can get better and will get better. May I ask if you currently or have in the past seen a health professional (GP or psychologist) and discussed your anxiety or treatment options?

An important thing to remember if your not receiving professional treatment is that we often try to control our feelings and get better on our own, however, once your emotions take control of your life and are detrimental to your overall quality of life, it is a good idea to consider professional help. A combination of therapy and/or medication would be a good route for you to take but this is something you should consult and discuss with your physician and your therapist.

It does and will get better Dee and better days are ahead. That feeling of being overwhelmed, flustered and scared is only temporary and there are absolutely services and professionals who would love to hear from you including Headspace (for people experiencing mental health conditions aged between 12 and 25), Your respective states Mental Health Hotline or The Mind Spot Clinic - 1800 61 44 34 to name a few. If you would like to mention where you live, I could supply you with more specific and catered information on services that would be beneficial to you.

Hope this helps and you are not alone.

Nick.

startingnew
Community Member

HI Dee and welcome

i dont have much to what Nick has already said here so will await for your response but wanted to let you know that im here for you and that your not alone in what your trying to cope with.

You havent meantioned what might be causing your anxiety though, did you want to share what is making you so anxious? please remember we are non-judgmental and here is a safe place to talk about what your struggling with and nothing ever sounds silly either.

Kimmih01
Community Member

I just joined myself and posted a new post about the strange symptoms I have been Gavin’s constantly for the last 8 weeks. Non stop with barely any reprieve.

I can either feel cold in a hot room or complain about sweating and feeling uncomfortably warm in a room where no one else is bothered and feels fine? I wake up on a cold night hot and sweating (all tests have come back negative off doctors saying no flu etc)

My doctor today enlightened me about the biggest problem with anxiety.

It affects our mind and our mind controls nearly everything and can create also nearly everything so the list of symptoms can be never ending as during anxiety our mind causes our body to react and create problems that may just be due to an anxiety attack.

So when I asked him if my symptoms could be anxiety he said “Yes. The mind is our worst enemy and our best friend. It can make us feel things that may not be happening when we lose control. Managing anxiety is re-finding that control and training our minds not to have physical reactions to anxiety”

It’s a long road ahead and will take time but I’m on the path to trying to get better and I’m here if you need an ear.