FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety: feeling guilty about it, apologising and feeling stupid.

Hannah_Georgia
Community Member
Hello, I am struggling with anxiety (diagnosed GAD and medicated) yesterday I had my first anxiety attack in months. I’ve been so good at managing it but yesterday at work i cracked and had to step away from my job for a moment to compose my self and get the tears under control and asked my supervisor to step in briefly. I was able to get back to work and continue my shift. However I feel awful about it, I'm embarrassed, guilty and uncomfortable and feel that I’m m incapable of working with my anxiety. But I’ve made the call to get a referral to get some more therapy sessions.
2 Replies 2

T40
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Hannah, You have done the right thing by getting a referral to get more therapy sessions. It's good to know that you are managing it well most of the time and it's not something that everybody can do. Statistics show that one in three women experience anxiety during their lifetime. It's natural for anyone to lose composure occasionally. We are in this strange pandemic world right now and many people are struggling every day. We want to be our best all the time but we are humans we have emotions and it's OK to be vulnerable, to be natural, humble and learn from every experience we have.
Nobody is perfect and the most important thing is how do you come out the other end?
Take it easy. This too shall pass 🙂

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Hannah Georgia,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

Thats great you are getting a referral to see a therapist….they will be able to give you many strategies to help you to manage your anxiety…

I understand anxiety I had severe anxiety OCD I’ve now recovered thanks to the help I received for health professionals..

One thing I learned about anxiety was don’t do what your anxiety is telling you….. if it’s telling you not to work…… go to work……. By doing what our anxiety tells us we only reinforce the anxiety…

I understand anxiety attacks are horrible but you will learn how to manage them……

Im here to chat